Mervi Heikkinen is a Docent and University Researcher at the University of Oulu.
Now is a perfect time for sharing, for mutual learning and for creating beneficial synergies from our specific Arctic situatedness for a more collective feminist epistemic contribution
* STS stands for Science and Technology Studies or Studies on Technology and Society
Feminisms, Epistemes and Techno-Sciences – Contributing for more-than Human in the Arctic
Mervi Heikkinen’s project as Arctic Five Chair is centered around the main topic of gender and intersectional analysis in the Arctic knowledge production. The project seeks to answer the research question of how intersectional gender equality is intertwined in Arctic knowledge production processes and research results – Arctic knowledges.
Further information on the projects are available below:
FETCH Arctic: https://www.oulu.fi/en/projects/feminisms-epistemes-and-technosciences
– study on citizen science practices with the citizen science-team.
– reporting activities with the collaborative research team.
- Hege Andreassen, UiT The Arctic University of Norway
- Melina Duarte, UiT The Arctic University of Norway
- Lena Abrahamsson, Luleå University of Technology
- Britt-Inger Keisu, Umeå University
- Päivi Naskali, University of Lapland
- Kirsti Lempiäinen, University of Lapland
- Mervi Heikkinen, University of Oulu
- Antero Metso, University of Oulu
- Anna Rönkä, University of Oulu
- Anu Soikkeli, University of Oulu
- Jenni Hakovirta, University of Oulu
- Arctic Five Gender Studies: NOS-HS exploratory workshop
- UArctic Thematic Network: Gender in Arctic Knowledge Production
- Adj. Prof. Melody Brown Burkins (Member) Dartmouth College
- Prof. Firouz Gaini (Member) Institution: University of the Faroe Islands
- Director Embla Eir Oddsdóttir (Member) Institution: Icelandic Arctic Cooperation Network
- University Researcher Mervi Heikkinen (PI) Institution: University of Oulu
- UOulu Thule institute https://www.oulu.fi/en/thule-institute
- UArctic https://www.uarctic.org/
- IASC https://iasc.info/
- IASSA https://iassa.org/
Academia, Arctic, Big-data, Citizen science, Epistemic contribution, Ethics, Gender Equality, Intersectionality, Indigenous, Knowledge production, more-than-human, Sex and Gender, Sustainability, STGs